The role of Student Advisers is to ensure that first year students have a smooth transition into university life. You'll probably meet your advisers during orientation week and within the first few weeks of the semester.
There are various support services available to students and we hope that you make the most of all that is available to you. We all want to see you succeed, so please contact us if you are having difficulties or issues or if you just want some advice.
Your Student Advisers are your first point of contact if:
- You need some help improving your time management skills
- You need advice on developing effective study strategies
- You have personal circumstances impacting on your studies
- You have difficulties understanding University processes
- You are having attendance difficulties
- You are starting to fall behind with your studies
- You have a question and don't know who to ask
- You want to know more about other support services across the University, including Counselling, Careers and Employment, Disability Services and the Cross-Cultural Support Service
- Faculty Guide for New Students (2014)
- Weekly Planner
- Semester Assessment Planner (PDF)
- Semester Assessment Planner (Word)
- Student Learning
- Health Practitioner's Report (Disability Services)
- Checklist - Pre-Semester
- Checklist - Start of Semester
- Checklist - Pre-Census
- Checklist - Mid Semester
- Checklist - End of Semester
You can also chat to us in real time using Lync. Please email or phone first to get Lync contact details.