Hello, my name is Sarah Rowlings I am the Student Adviser for the Tasmanian School of Business and Economics.
First year students are likely to see a lot of me throughout orientation week and within the first few weeks of the semester. My role is to ensure that first year students have a smooth transition into Uni life.
There are various support services available to students and I hope that you make the most of all that is available to you. We all want to see you succeed and so please contact myself if you are having difficulties or issues.
Your Student Adviser can be a good first point of contact if:
- You need some help improving your time management skills
- You need advice on developing effective study strategies
- You have personal circumstances impacting on your studies
- You have difficulties understanding University processes
- You are having attendance difficulties
- You are starting to fall behind with your studies
- You have a question and don't know who to ask
- You want to know more about other support services across the University, including Counselling, Careers and Employment, Disability Services and the Cross-Cultural Support Service
Located: Newnham Room J011, (J Block basement) - Wednesdays 9 to 5.
You can also chat to me in real time using Lync.
Resources for TSBE students
Information for new Undergraduate Students (PDF - 563KB)
TSBE Orientation (requires UTas username and password)
Other Study Resources
Weekly Planner (PDF - 280KB)
Assessment Planner (PDF - 296KB)
Review of Assessment (PDF File - 364KB)
Deferral of Exams (PDF File - 52KB)
Statutory Declaration Form (Word File - 19.5KB)
|CALD Students - Exams (PDF File - 142.9KB)|
Request to sit exam at alternative campus (PDF - 183.5KB)