What is Foundation Studies?
- UTAS Foundation Studies is an innovative integrated program which equips students with knowledge and skills for success at university. The program is a 28 week Standard Foundation as approved by Australian government legislation. This is an excellent opportunity to commence a University of Tasmania degree course after 28 weeks of study.
- Once enrolled in Foundation, you will be placed in a Science & Engineering, Business & Finance or Arts & Communication study stream, based on the undergraduate degree you have chosen.
- Because you will be studying among students with the same interests and career goals, you will have the unique opportunity to establish strong academic and social networks prior to entering your degree.
- English for Tertiary Studies and Information Management are compulsory subjects. You will also study three specialist subjects closely linked to your degree choice.
When is it?
There is one entry point into UTAS Foundation Studies
- February (for degree commencement Semester 1 the following year)
Refer to course dates for details.
Who is it for?
UTAS Foundation Studies has been specially designed for International students who need to upgrade their academic skills to meet requirements for entry into UTAS undergraduate degrees.
Why choose it?
There are many reasons to study Foundation @ UTAS:
- Be part of a global community
- Receive personalised attention
- Experience educational excellence
- Have choice & flexibility
- Pay affordable tuition fees