English Language Proficiency
If your previous study has not been in an English speaking environment, you are required to demonstrate your ability by showing the results of an approved test.
- IELTS - minimum overall band 5.5 with no score below 5.0
- TOEFL (iBT) - 46 with no score less than 10
- PTE Academic 42 with no score lower than 36
- A Level Results
- GCE '0' level English - C6
- India -CBSE/CISCE English - B
- Malaysia - SPM 1119 B3, UEC SM 2 Level English B3
- Successful completion of secondary studies in Singapore
- Matriculation (TER) English as a Second Language - good pass
All methods of meeting UTAS English language entry requirements have a validity of two years.
UTAS Foundation Studies accepts students from all parts of the globe. Check the list below to see if you have appropriate qualifications.
|Hong Kong||HKDSE English Language|
|India||CBSE/CISCE 10 + 1|
All India State Board 10 + 1 (provisional results will be accepted)
|Iran||National High School Diploma (Year 11 Equivalent) - Pre-University Certificate|
|Japan||Kotogakko Sotsugyo Shosho/Upper Secondary School (Year 2)|
|Korea||Immumgye Kodung Hakkyo/Upper Secondary School (Year 11)|
|Malaysia||SPM - GCE O Levels (Forecast results will be accepted) - Senior Middle 2 (UEC)|
|People's Republic of China||Senior Middle 2|
|Singapore||GCE 'O' Level (Forecast results will be accepted)|
|Taiwan||Senior High School 2|
|Other countries||Assessed individually|
If you are planning to start a Foundation Studies course at the University of Tasmania and have not yet met the English language entry requirements you will be able to do so by completing UTASAccess-English Level 4 which satisfies the minimum English language entry requirements for Foundation Studies (Standard) at the University.