Gifts to the UTAS Foundation promote excellence, innovation and participation at UTAS. Support from our alumni and friends is essential for the University to continue to fulfill its mission as Tasmania's university and is able to make a significant contribution to the cultural, economic and social development in Tasmania, nationally and the world.
The main ways you can support the Foundation include:
- A general donation which will be directed to the Development Fund which supports areas of most need within the University.
- A direct donation of money for Scholarships, research activities or facilities; see the Current Appeals page for more details.
- An outright gift which may include assets, annuities, life assurance policies, shares, property, works of art or anything of enduring value.
- A bequest made through a will and directed to the University of Tasmania through the University of Tasmania Foundation; A bequest can be made as a specific sum of money, a percentage or residue of an estate, real estate, shares, securities, etc.
- A Pledge which provides the opportunity to make a donation or gift over a period of time. For example, some donors may choose to make an annual contribution over a number of years or to commit to contribute assets to the Foundation at a future time.
Giving can in most cases be tailored to the requirements and circumstances of each donor. If you have special requirements you can discuss them confidentially with a representative of the Foundation.
Citizens and residents of the United States can contact the UTAS Foundation (USA).