The Foundation places great importance in recognising its donors. Recognition serves two important purposes:
- donors are appropriately acknowledged for their thoughtfulness and generosity;
- public acknowledgement can serve as an important example to others who may be contemplating a donation or gift.
Depending on the type of gift, recognition may be given in a variety of ways including:
- Foundation membership;
- the naming of a scholarship or bursary;
- a special event, such as a scholarship or bursary presentation;
- acknowledgment at the Foundation Annual Awards Dinner,
- with some very significant gifts it is possible to name a facility such as a building, laboratory, lecture theatre, walkway, road or garden after the donor.