UTAS is pleased to offer professional development and educational opportunities to all Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra (TSO) players and administrative staff. Whether you are interested in doing one or two units of study for personal interest or extending your qualifications with a new degree (undergraduate or postgraduate coursework), UTAS will provide HECS scholarships covering tuition fees for up to 25% study load per annum in any Commonwealth supported program.
What can I study?
The TSO HECS Scholarships apply to Commonwealth supported programs* at UTAS. This means you can choose from: a range of more than 100 undergraduate degrees; or postgraduate coursework degrees in more than 50 different disciplines.
Information including course advice and how to apply is available from the team in the Uni Info Centre, who can be contacted by phone on 1300 363 864 or by email Course.Info@utas.edu.au.
*The postgraduate domestic fee schedule indicates which postgraduate coursework programs are offered on a Commonwealth supported basis.
Am I eligible for the TSO HECS scholarship?
This opportunity is extended to all TSO players and administrative staff who:
- are full-time or part-time continuing staff with TSO; or
- are employed on a fixed term contract of 12 months; and
- are Australian citizens OR permanent residency visa holders residing in Australia during their studies; and
- are eligible for a Commonwealth supported place under the HECS-HELP system (this applies to most people – see studyassist.gov.au for eligibility guidelines) and fulfil Commonwealth requirements; and
- are not currently receiving any other UTAS HECS scholarships.
How do I enrol?
- Submit your online application to study at UTAS for your preferred degree, selecting TSO as your organisation
- Once you have received your offer of a place at UTAS, follow the instructions provided to accept your offer
- When completing your enrolment in the UTAS eSTUDENTCENTRE you must also complete the TSO HECS Scholarship application (accessed via the ‘Scholarships’ option listed on the side menu)
- The scholarship deduction will appear on the fees invoice available online at eStudentCentre
- The TSO HECS scholarship is available for up to 25% of a full-time university study load in any calendar year, and this may cover study in Semester 1, Semester 2, Winter, Spring and Summer Semesters
- This study may be made up of two 12.5% units or one 25% unit
- The scholarship covers study in Commonwealth supported programs only and is not applicable for full fee paying courses
- Normal UTAS admission requirements apply
- Students must meet the TSO HECS Scholarship eligibility requirements as listed above
- The scholarship does not apply to students who are already receiving any other UTAS HECS scholarships
Need more information?
If you want to know more about the TSO HECS scholarship, course information or general advice about UTAS, please contact the Uni Info Centre on 1300 363 864 to discuss your options or to make an appointment with a Student Advisor. Alternatively, email Course.Info@utas.edu.au