Bachelor of Business
3 years or part-time* equivalent. Intake: February, July, November
Cradle Coast (Restricted second and third years)
Distance (Limited range of majors)
Launceston (Restricted second and third years)
This course is a multidisciplined business degree ensuring students learn the fundamental disciplines underlying the dynamic professional world of business.
In addition, students may study units in another field of study, e.g. Psychology.
- Accounting (H, L, CC)
- Business Economics (H)
- Business Logistics (H, L, CC, D)
- Corporate Governance (D)
- Entrepreneurship (H, L)
- Finance (H, D)
- Human Resource Management (H, D)
- Information and Communication Technology (H,L*)
- International Business (H)
- Management (H, L)
- Marketing (H, D)
- Tourism (H), available as companion major only
General Entry Requirements- please see the link below.
Clearly-in ATAR: 65
Students who have not successfully completed pre-tertiary maths or an equivalent must complete UPP075 Bridging Maths or BEA109 Introduction to Quantitative Methods before enrolling in the unit BEA140 Quantitative Methods.
* Part-time on-campus study is not available to international students.
* Studies at the UTAS Cradle Coast campus are not currently available to international students.
* Distance studies are only available to international students when they are in a country other than Australia.
Further study options
Honours, postgraduate coursework and research, Master, PhD.
The course is designed to produce well educated and adaptable graduates, with appropriate professional skills to meet the existing needs and demands of business and related professions. Graduates will have a vast range of job opportunities available in employment areas such as:
Students may be eligible for membership of a professional body if they select units endorsed by that body. The Faculty of Business offers units to enable students to join the following professional bodies:
- Local government
- Business consulting
- Marketing research
- Central banking
- Merchant banking
- Corporate finance
- Project management
- Electronic business
- Systems analysis
- Financial accounting
- Services marketing
- Human resource management
- Sport and recreation management
- Industrial relations
- Higher education teaching
- Information systems management
- Tax consulting
- International business
- Business management
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
Membership details may be obtained from the relevant schools within the Univeristy or the appropriate professional body.
- CPA Australia
- Australian Human Resources Institute
- Australian Institute of Management
- Australian Marketing Institute
- Chartered Institute of Company Secretaries in Australia
- Australian Institute of Banking and Finance
- Australian Computer Society
- National Institute of Accountants