In consultation with the university's Senior Executive, the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Global Engagement) oversees a global program of Senior Executive Missions to various locations each year. These missions, led by a member of the UTAS Senior Executive, are in support of, and aligned with, the UTAS Global Strategy.
These missions are designed to:
- Showcase UTAS as a globally connected university, with particular reference to our teaching and research outcomes.
- Strengthen existing relationships with key partners, including universities, government and industry partners.
- Explore and establish new strategic alliances with academia, research, government and industry.
- Identify opportunities for staff and student mobility, and teaching and research collaboration.
- Engage with our international alumni and community.
- Seek intelligence on the higher education and research policies and priorities of international governments and funding bodies.
- Work with our in-country international education experts and partners to better understand the opportunities we can capitalise on.
Input into mission programs by staff with academic and research links to the country/region being visited is strongly encouraged. Contributions to, and participation in, the missions valued and all members of the University community are encouraged to discuss opportunities with the Global Engagement Office.