What happens if the Police are involved?
- In the case of serious acts of misconduct the Tasmania Police may become involved.
- The University's processes and that of Tasmania Police are independent from each other.
- The Police procedures are based on breaches of the law.
- The University's procedures are administrative and are based on University Ordinances, Rules, By-Laws and Policies.
- While the University's and the Tasmania Police's processes operate independently, there are some instances where both apply to the same incident.
Click to return to the General misconduct information page