Allocated guest tickets - no charge
- If you have indicated in eStudent that you will be attending, you will receive two complimentary tickets for your guests to attend the graduation ceremony. You do not need a ticket for yourself.
- Visit eStudent to double-check that you are listed as attending.
- NO TICKETS WILL BE POSTED TO YOU.
- Collect your tickets at the gown hire location when you collect your gown.
- If you already have your own gown or are not going to hire a gown, you will still need to go to the gown hire location to collect your tickets.
- The University has no objection to graduands who need more than two tickets obtaining them from those who need less than two.
- Tickets are specific to each ceremony and cannot be transferred. The University strongly discourages 'scalpers' who offer tickets for sale.
- If a guest needs special seating (e.g. in a particular area because of an inability to climb stairs, or there is a wheelchair) please let us know so we can reserve seating.
- Wheelchair access is available at all venues.
Additional guest tickets - $20 plus booking fees
Tickets for the Winter Graduation Round go on sale on Monday 31 July
Additional tickets, if available, can be purchased from the following ticket outlets:
|Outlet||Location||Phone||Ticket Office Hours|
|City Recital Hall||
Angel Place, Sydney |
(for Sydney ceremony only)
|+61 2 8256 2222||9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday|
53 Elizabeth Street Mall, Hobart |
(for Hobart ceremonies only)
|+61 3 6234 5998||
9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday|
10.00am to 2.00pm Saturday
|The Princess Theatre Box Office||
57 Brisbane Street, Launceston|
(for Launceston ceremonies only)
|+61 3 6323 3666||
9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday|
10.00am to 1.00pm Saturday
|Burnie Arts & Function Centre Box Office||
Wilmot Street, Burnie|
(for Burnie ceremonies only)
|+61 3 6430 5850||9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday|
- Please refer to your chosen booking agent for booking fee details, as these may vary.
- Ticket costs are not refundable.
- It is not possible to pre-book tickets before they go on sale.
- A limit of tickets per graduand may apply for some ceremonies.
- We strongly recommend your guests do not arrange travel until you know how many guest tickets you have.
- We work very hard to ensure as many additional tickets as possible are available, but additional tickets are often limited. We apologise in advance if you are not able to source additional tickets.
UTAS graduation ceremonies are general admission and all guests are required to have a valid ticket for the graduation ceremony.
- Doors open one hour before the start time of your ceremony. Guests should be seated at least 15 minutes before the advertised commencement time of the ceremony.
- As guests do not have allocated seats, those who come earliest will obtain the best seats.
- Your guests are not able to 'save seats', so please advise your guests to arrive together if they would like to be seated together.
- Advise your guests to leave plenty of time to find parking, the venue, and be seated.
- Because of the formality of the occasion, all ceremonies start exactly on time.
- Guests will not normally be admitted once the ceremony has commenced.
Guests with Babies & Small Children
Graduation ceremonies are formal occasions with several speeches and are, therefore, not always suitable for young children.
- If you wish to take young children, please be prepared with a snack, a drink and a quiet toy/book/activity. For ceremonies held at the Federation Concert Hall or City Recital Hall, Angel Place no food or drink is permitted in the auditorium.
- No child-minding service is provided.
- Parents with young children or babies are requested to sit near an exit to ensure minimum stress to all concerned.