Certificates & Transcripts

  • Once you have completed your studies and your status has been formally recognised, you are eligible to receive a certificate (testamur) from the University.
  • Your certificate is presented to you at your graduation ceremony if you attend.
  • If you do not attend (i.e. you graduate in absentia), arrangements will be made for you to receive your certificate by Certified Mail (within Australia), Registered Mail (for overseas students) or some other delivery means. Certificates are usually posted in September (after August graduation) or mid February (after December graduation).
  • The certificate is a legal document, issued under the direction of the Executive Director of Student Operations and the Vice-Chancellor, and imprinted with the University Seal.
  • If you lose your certificate, or it is damaged, a replacement can only be made after you have made a statutory declaration outlining the circumstances of the loss or damage, and, if accepted, pay a fee of $80.
  • Apply for a replacement certificate.
  • If you are having your certificate framed, please make sure that the certificate is not subjected to heat, glue or pressure during the framing process, or the special paper of the certificate will be damaged beyond repair.
  • The name on your certificate (and in the Graduation Program) is the name which is printed on all correspondence from the Student Centre to you. If you require changes (e.g. spelling mistakes, or a change to the order in which we have shown your names), please advise the Student Centre immediately. See Name Changes & Protocol.
  • A transcript of your academic record, giving complete details of your studies at the University, including the programs completed and the awards made, will be posted to you in September (for August ceremonies) and February (for December ceremonies).
  • If you are graduating in absentia your academic transcript will be mailed with the package containing your certificate and Graduation Program.
  • The transcript is the document you should use for supporting job applications and applying for positions in other study programs.
  • You may obtain additional certified transcripts of your academic record by completing a request form at the Student Centre, or by writing to the Examinations Officer at the University and enclosing a pre-payment fee. Or you can contact the Student Centre.

You can download most forms at the Student Centre website.