To change your Name Details please follow the steps below.
- To change your name details you will need to provide an original certified copy of one of the following documents to the Student Centre, no later than 21 days before your ceremony.
- birth certificate
- marriage certificate
- citizenship papers
- divorce decree
- registered deed poll
- Australian drivers licence
- If you are changing your surname(s) or given name(s) you must provide documentary evidence which shows the link between your previous and new name. For example a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or registered deed poll.
- We can make a certified copy for you if you bring the original document into the Student Centre during opening hours.
- Alternatively you can have a certified copy made and mail it to: Graduations Office, Locked Bag 1345, Launceston, Tasmania 7250.
- It is then your responsibility to login to your eStudent Centre webpage to ensure the update has been processed. If your details have not been updated after 48 hours please contact the graduation office as a matter of urgency.
If you only require your name to be reordered (eg. changed from Wei Wang to Wang Wei) you may make your request via email to email@example.com
If you have previously graduated from UTAS under a different name and wish to graduate under that name again please notify us via email firstname.lastname@example.org