To change your Name Details please follow the steps below.
- To change your name details you will need to provide an original certified copy of one of the following documents to the Student Services & Information Centre, no later than 21 days before your ceremony.
- birth certificate
- marriage certificate
- citizenship papers
- divorce decree
- registered deed poll
- Australian drivers licence
- If you are changing your surname(s) or given name(s) you must provide documentary evidence which shows the link between your previous and new name. For example a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or name change certificate (formerly known as deed poll).
- We can make a certified copy for you if you bring the original document into the Student Services & Information Centre during opening hours.
- Alternatively you can have a certified copy made and mail it to: Student Centre, Private Bag 45, Hobart, Tasmania 7001.
- It is then your responsibility to login to eStudent to ensure the update has been processed. If your details have not been updated after 48 hours please contact the graduation office as a matter of urgency.
If you only require your name to be reordered (eg. changed from Wei Wang to Wang Wei) you may make your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have previously graduated from UTAS under a different name and wish to graduate under that name again please notify us via email email@example.com