* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see Withdrawal dates explained for more information).
In this unit, students will work in groups (minimum three students per group) to identify a sustainable governance problem in the Tamar Valley region. Then, they will research the topic by undertaking a literature review of the problem, interview key informants (such as informed individuals in local government, business and civil society), analyse the problem and test possible solutions with key informants. The objective of the group is to write a 10,000 word report outlining the nature of problem, past and present proposed solutions, and outlining their own proposals. The work of the group will be assessed as follows: 25% of the final mark will be based on the confidential peer assessments of each group member of their own and other group members' contributions. The remaining 75% of the final mark will be based on the coordinators assessment of the final research project report.
ASSESSMENT: 25% confidential peer review assessment by group of groups members; and 75% based on coordinator's assessment of final project report.
TEACHING PATTERN: Four weekly 2 hr seminars to identify project and ongoing supervision to monitor implementation and write up;
FLEXIBLE & ONLINE STUDY OPTIONS Note: Class attendance may still be required
Web supported - L Online access to some part of this unit online is optional
Flexible scheduling - L Some classes will be held outside normal teaching hours; e.g. weekend blocks, summer schools etc
About Flexible Study Options
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Campus - H Hobart, L Launceston, W Burnie. Study Centre - V Sydney, R Rozelle, P Beauty Point. Distance units may also have a campus identifier of I Isolated, N Interstate, O Overseas. Units delivered in Transnational Education (TNE) Programs have a campus identifier of A Hangzhou, F Fuzhou, G Shanghai, K KDU Malaysia, Q Kuwait or Y Hong Kong.