1. Candidates for the Bachelor of Education (Primary) With Honours shall be qualified for entry if they have completed three years of the Bachelor of Education (Primary) course with a grade point average of at least 5.5 (where Credit = 5 and Distinction = 6) in the third year of the course and have obtained a Credit result or higher for the unit ESP318 Introduction to Research methods
2. Candidates for the degree shall complete the degree requirements, as hereinafter prescribed, in not less than four separate years of full-time study (or its equivalent)] and not more than nine years from the time of first enrolment.
3. To qualify for the degree the candidate shall: Comply with the entry requirements and pass the units in the attached schedule.
4. Where two or more units of the same name or content are offered within the University, only one may be counted towards the Degree.
5. In every case the candidate's choice of units and the order in which they are taken shall be subject to approval by the Dean in accordance with the requirements of paragraph 3.
Credit for Previous Studies
6. Passes in subjects or units in other courses (completed or otherwise) in this University or another approved tertiary institution (or other approved professional examining body) may be credited towards the degree, provided that the Faculty may specify what more a candidate so credited shall be required to do to qualify for the degree.
7. The Faculty may from time to time make amendments to the Schedules to these specifications.
8. These specifications shall take effect on 1 January 2012 and shall apply to all candidates for the degree including those enrolling for the first time in that year and those enrolled subsequently.
9. The approved abbreviation for the degree shall be B.Ed (Primary) (Hons)