Learning and Teaching
Welcome to Learning and Teaching at the College of Health and Medicine
We hope that these resources will support you in developing and maintaining the skills and knowledge to enhance quality in learning and teaching.– Justin Walls, Deputy Dean Learning and Teaching
Quality Evaluation Learning & Teaching
The College's Quality Evaluation Learning and Teaching (QELT) unit works to maintain and enhance the quality of curriculum and teaching through a variety of activities including:
- Provide professional development opportunities, building knowledge staff capability in curriculum design, delivery and renewal
- Support staff to engage in the University’s awards and grants programs
- Support course coordinators and teaching teams redevelop curriculum according to the University’s Curriculum Transformation program: ‘Degrees of Difference’
- Disseminate information on learning and teaching policies and academic governance
- Articulate the roles and responsibilities of staff in relation to the University’s quality framework and quality assurance reporting
- Develop guidelines to assist staff to apply the University’s policies and procedures
Professional Development Program
QELT organised a series of monthly Professional Development opportunities specifically for College of Health and Medicine staff members in 2017.
Further details of development opportunities will be made available early in 2018.
Information about the program can be found on the Learning and Teaching in the Faculty of Health MyLO page: Professional Development Program: Overview.
Navigating Learning and Teaching
The Learning and Teaching in the College of Health and Medicine MyLO site is for all staff involved with Learning and Teaching at the Faculty of Health.This site is managed by QELT and is a communication hub to inform staff about topics such as quality enhancement, innovations in blended learning, peer activities and staff development opportunities.
Interactive Content Builder
The Interactive Content Builder (ICB) is a tool to aid teachers and academics in the creation of rich, accessible and visually appealing content for online learning.
The ICB is designed to make it easy for teaching staff to create high-quality content within MyLO without requiring web-programming or web-design skills. The ICB makes it easy to incorporate some aspects of best practice in online teaching in ways that can be adapted to suit your teaching needs.Access the ICB
University Teaching and Learning Resources
If you have any enquires about learning and teaching in the College of Health and Medicine, please contact Jo Kelder.