The Faculty of Health is focussed on transforming healthcare. We achieve this through research outcomes that benefit the community and through delivering courses and education that are informed by our research. This means that, as a student in the Faculty of Health you will be learning contemporary healthcare and health science skills that are applicable to today’s health and workforce needs.
Undergraduate degrees are for students who have not previously studied at University or who are studying a particular discipline for the first time at University. Our degrees are two to five years in length, giving students a strong foundation in health sciences and in many cases, including Professional Experience Placement to ensure our graduates are work-ready.
We offer our Undergraduate degrees by distance or face-to-face at one of our campus locations. We have campuses in Sandy Bay, Hobart, Launceston and the Cradle Coast in Tasmania, as well as Rozelle and Darlinghurst in New South Wales.
- Bachelor of Dementia Care
- Bachelor of Health and Community Care
- Bachelor of Health Science (Exercise Science)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Medical Radiation Science)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Nutrition))
- Bachelor of Laboratory Medicine
- Bachelor of Medical Research
- Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Nursing (Fast-track, 2 year) - Hobart, Rozelle or Darlinghurst (St Vincents)
- Bachelor of Paramedic Practice
- Bachelor of Paramedic Practice (Conversion)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
On successful completion of an undergraduate degree or on high achievement in years 1 & 2 of an undergraduate degree, you will have the opportunity to undertake an Honours degree. An Honours degree represents elite academic performance and is recognised nationally and internationally. The program provides an advanced year of full-time (or equivalent part-time) specialised study in an area of interest, where you will be taught by your mentors.
Honours degrees are available as follows:
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science with Honours
- Bachelor of Biotechnology and Medical Research with Honours
- Bachelor of Exercise Physiology with Professional Honours
- Bachelor of Health Science with Honours
- Bachelor of Medical Research with Honours
- Bachelor of Medical Science with Honours
- Bachelor of Nursing with Honours
- Bachelor of Paramedic Practice with Honours
- Bachelor of Pharmacy with Honours
- Bachelor of Psychology with Honours
- Bachelor of Psychological Science with Honours
If your course is not highlighted, talk to your lecturers to find out more about Honours options available to you.
Division of Medicine Honours projects
The Division of Medicine Research Honours handbook (PDF 549KB) lists the projects available for students of BMedSci(Hons), BMedRes(Hons), BParamedPract(Hons), BBiotechMedRes(Hons) (medical research stream) and BSc(Hons) (medical specialisations). It also includes projects available in the Wicking Dementia Research & Education Centre.
School of Health Sciences Honours projects
Research Honours is available for the Health Sciences and Bachelor of Nursing programs.