The following national and international protocols guide engagement with indigenous communities. All Aboriginal communities have their own specific protocols, which need to be investigated and respected. The local community contact is best placed to introduce you to their specific protocols.
- Welcome to Country Protocols and Acknowledgement of Traditional Ownership
- Dress protocol (PDF 243KB) - Northern Territory Government
- Legal protocols - Australian Human Rights Commission
- Tasmanian Arts Respecting Cultures (PDF 728KB) - Tasmania's Aboriginal Arts Advisory Comittee
- UN Rights of Indigenous Peoples (PDF 166KB) - United Nations Economic and Social Council
- WHO Mandate - World Health Organisation