As per S.4.3 - AS3745 Planning for emergencies in facilities
Emergency Services (0) 000
Police non-emergency (0) 131 444
Poisons information (0) 131 126
Security South (03) 6226 7600
Security North (03) 6324 3336
Flood, chemical spill, power failure, structural instability etc.
If the spill is a flammable solvent, or a toxic or suffocating substance:
- Notify all persons in the immediate area, turn off all flames and electrical outlets, and evacuate the area.
- Go to the nearest area free of vapour and call Security.
- Do not re-enter the affected area.
Gas or water leak
- Turn off the tap or valve if possible or safe to do so.
- Notify all persons in immediate area; turn off all naked flame and electrical outlets; evacuate area if necessary.
- Keep people away from affected area.
- Call Security (or Aurora Energy on 1800 2111 for emergencies).
- Call Security (or Aurora Energy on 132 004 for emergencies).
Evacuation might be considered depending on the length of outage (Campus Services to advise).
Help make our campuses safe for everyone.
- Recognise risks and avoid potentially unsafe situations.
- Use the University's security service and report any suspicious activities.
Help Points are located around campus. Press the button on the Help Point to call Security directly.
University support services
Building wardens (view emergency warden list for your building)