Why choose the University of Tasmania? - KSPs
- The University of Tasmania is the fourth oldest University in Australia.
- It is ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide
- It is one of the best research universities in Australia.
- Small class sizes, a 2015 five-star rating for staff-to-student ratios.
- The University has one of the most generous scholarship schemes for international students in Australia.
- Tasmanian campuses have amongst the lowest cost of living for students in Australia, particularly for accommodation.
- Tasmania is a safe, friendly environment.
- The University has more than 4,500 international students from 90 countries.
- Dedicated academic and general support for international students (free airport pickup, short and long-term career support, community link support through Community Friends and Network).
- Tasmania is a regional area for immigration purposes and the Tasmanian Government has a very supportive sponsorship program for international University of Tasmania graduates.
More detailed information on why students choose this university is on the international future student site.