Relocation Bursary for International Students
Receive a relocation bursary to the value of AU$1,000 when you enrol in a University of Tasmania full-fee paying, coursework degree or diploma* that commences in Semester 1, 2017.
The bursary will be paid directly into the student's nominated bank account in the first week after census date in Semester 1, 2017.
- Students must accept their offer after 7th November 2016 to meet eligibility requirements for this bursary.
- Students must be enrolled in a full-time load, equating to a minimum of four 12.5% units per semester post-census date to receive payment of the bursary.
- Students must be commencing their full degree in Semester 1, 2017.
The following are NOT eligible for the relocation bursary
- Students who accepted on the 7th of November 2016 or earlier;
- Current UTAS international students.
- Students connecting via a pathway program delivered by partner institutions.
- Student who have already accepted The Tasmanian International Scholarship (TIS), or the Health Sciences Relocation Bursary or Pharmacy Bursary; and
- Students enrolling in the following degrees:
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Professional Accounting (Specialisation)
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery
The AU $1,000 payment is scheduled to be paid in the first week after Semester 1, 2017, census date. To be eligible for the first payment, students must be enrolled past the semester 1, 2017 census date.
Students who qualify for the relocation bursary will be sent a confirmation email soon after semester 1, 2017 census date, which will outline instructions for deposit of funds into their Australian bank account.
* (excludes research degrees or diplomas)
Health Relocation Bursaries
Receive a relocation bursary to the value of AU$3,000 when you enrol into one of the following courses for Semester 1, 2017.
- Bachelor of Health Science (M3H)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (M3G)
- Bachelor of Exercise Science (M3Q)
The bursary is valued at $3,000 for one year of full-time study at the University of Tasmania.
It will be paid in two equal amounts ($1,500) directly into the student's nominated bank account the first week after census date in Semester 1 and Semester 2 respectively.
Selection Criteria for International Students:
If a student has already accepted a scholarship from the University (e.g. the Tasmanian International Scholarship) they are not eligible to receive the Relocation Bursary.
Students must be enrolled in a full-time load, equating to a minimum of four 12.5% units per semester post-census date to receive payment of the bursary.
Students must be commencing Year 1 of their Bachelor of Health Science, Bachelor of Biomedical Science, or Bachelor of Exercise Science course.
The first $1,500 payment is scheduled for 1 April 2017.
The second and final $1,500 payment is scheduled for 19 August 2017.
To be eligible for the first payment, students must be enrolled past the semester 1 census date.
To be eligible for the second and final payment, students must have successfully completed semester 1, 2017 of their course and be enrolled past census data for semester 2, otherwise they will not receive their second and final payment.
Women in Maritime Engineering Scholarship
Australia's premier maritime engineering facility at the Australian Maritime College is offering an accommodation bursary for all female international students qualifying for entry in 2017 for the following programs:
- Marine & Offshore Systems
- Ocean Engineering
- Naval Architecture
The scholarship will cover approximately 75% of the on-campus accommodation costs at one of the Launceston Halls of Residence and is available for the first academic year of study (and in addition to any TIS tuition discount).
Faculty of Law Scholarships
- Southern Asia Scholarship
- Malaysia & Singapore Scholarship
These special scholarships represent a 14% discount* off tuition fees (approximately $3,000 per year).
Eligible students from these regions, who meet our entry requirements for 'direct entry' to the Bachelor of Law in 2017, will gain a scholarship for all four years of their Law studies (subject to ongoing successful achievement).
Those who meet University of Tasmania 'general entry' requirements will qualify for a scholarship from their second year onwards.
Pharmacy Relocation Bursaries
~Scholarship not available for combined degrees or Faculty of Arts programs as pathways into non-Faculty degrees).
*Those eligible for the Tasmanian International Scholarship will qualify for a maximum 25% discount
** To be eligible to receive the pharmacy relocation bursary, students must be enrolled as full fee paying onshore students past the census date for the first semester in which you commence studies (either semester 1, 2017 or semester 2, 2017).
From time to time, Faculties and Institutes offer special bursaries for international applicants.
Please note, these opportunities are not available for those in receipt of the Tasmanian International Scholarship.