The University of Tasmania has been providing generous scholarships to international students for over a decade.
Our largest scholarship program is the Tasmanian International Scholarship (TIS) that provides commencing international students with a 25% reduction in registered tuition fees for the duration of their course (provided satisfactory grades are maintained).
What results are required to be awarded a TIS?
In many cases applicants will require an equivalent of B+ average (overall) but this can vary, depending on the course you select.
For more details, please click on the following web links for the eligible courses under each Faculty/Institute:
- Australian Maritime College Tasmanian International Scholarship
- Centre for University Pathway and Partnerships Tasmanian International Scholarship
- Faculty of Arts Tasmanian International Scholarship
- Tasmania School of Business & Economics Tasmanian International Scholarship
- Faculty of Education Tasmanian International Scholarship
- Faculty of Health Tasmanian International Scholarship
- Faculty of Law Tasmanian International Scholarship
- Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology Tasmanian International Scholarship
Generally applicants will require the equivalent of a B+ average (overall) to be eligible for TIS.
Please note: As qualifications and grading scales can vary significantly from country to country, your eligibility will be assessed by an Admissions Officer.
What programs is TIS not available for?
Any courses not eligible will be indicated on the international courses and fees list.
TIS is also not available for Masters by Research and Phd programs. More information on other scholarships available for UTAS RhD applicants.
How do I apply for TIS?
You do not need to complete any additional paperwork!
All international students who submit an application to study at the University of Tasmania will be automatically assessed for TIS by our Admissions Team.
If you are successful, this will be outlined in your University Letter of Offer.