Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M3N)
|Duration||More than 4 years|
|Fees||$64,000 per annum Convert to your currency|
|Intake||Semester 1||Entry Requirements||Qualifications equivalent to Australian Year 12 level including chemistry. Mathematics is highly recommended but not required. An ISAT is also required.||IELTS||7.0 (no band less than 7.0)||CRICOS Code||056049J|
Studying medicine opens up a multitude of careers in the health profession, not just that of medical practitioner. You can enjoy rewarding careers in medical research as well as diagnostic medicine.
- Chemistry at Australian Year 12 level (or equivalent): A grade or equivalent
- Mathematics at Australian Year 12 Level (or equivalent) is not a pre-requisite subject but is desirable
Minimum entry requirements
- Australian Yr 12 ATAR: 95
- QLD OP: 4
- MUFY: 95% (Average best 4)
- Trinity FY: 95% (Average best 4)
- UNSWFP: GPA 9.5
- WAUFP: CPS 75
- IB: 36 (including bonus points)
- GCE A Levels: AAA
- STPM: AAA
- UEC/MICSS: A1 average
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (2003 onwards): 89
- Indian CBSE/CICSE/All India State Board: 95%
- Korean IKHCC: 3.7
- Sri Lankan SLGCE: 15 (Aggregate of best 3 at the higher level)
- South African Snr Cert: 32 (Aggregate of 6 subjects at higher grade)
- Thai Mattayom 6: 3.7
Aggregates and averages of grades will include prerequisite subjects.
Meeting minimum academic entry requirements does not guarantee entry into the program.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS (Academic) Overall 7.0 (no band less than 7.0), within the last 24 months; or
- TOEFL (iBT) 100 (no skill below: Reading 25; Listening 25; Speaking 23; Writing 27) within the last 24 months; or
- PTE Academic 65 with no score lower than 65 within the last 24 months; or
- Evidence that a minimum of 2 years full-time study with English as the sole medium of instruction and examination have been completed within the last 24 months.
- The University of Tasmania does require applicants to have an ISAT score to be considered for entry.
- The ISAT test results must be provided by the relevant application closing date to be considered for entry.
- A minimum overall percentile of 50% is required for ISAT. This test result will be used in combination with academic results to determine applicants' eligibility and ranking within applications received.
Application and Offer Deadlines
2018 Offer Round Application Closing Dates
- Offer Round 1 - application closing date 26 May 2017
- Offer Round 2 - application closing date 28 July 2017
- Offer Round 3 - application closing date 29 September 2017
- Offer Round 4 - application closing date 24 November 2017
Entry into the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree program is extremely competitive and applications will be ranked by a combination of academic results and ISAT test results. If you submitted your application on time, and you did not receive an offer or notification that you were not successful, your application will be held over for consideration in the next offer round. Offers will be made within two (2) weeks of the stated closing dates until all available places are filled.
The University of Tasmania does not offer any scholarships for the MBBS program.
Applications submitted by international applicants applying for the Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery (M3N) degrees must be accompanied by an Application Fee of AUD$110 (non-refundable) inclusive of GST.
- Submit your online application for Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery (M3N)
- You will receive notification of your Web Reference Number once you press the 'Save or Submit' button on the online application. You will need to use this reference number when you make your Application Fee Payment via the Pay 24/7 online payment facility. Applicants who submit hardcopy applications will be notified of your UTAS Student ID number by email within a few days
- Proceed to www.geoforeducation.com/UTAS to make your application fee payment and ensure you enter your Web Reference Number or Student ID Number
- Select the Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery (M3N) course with the UTAS $110 Application Fee
- Once you have completed all of the above, please email a copy of your Pay 24/7 AUD$110 receipt and number to International.Admissions@utas.edu.au
Bachelor of Medicine applications will not be processed until you provide a copy of your application fee payment receipt.
AHPRA English language requirements for graduates of Medicine
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) has announced that it is mandatory for all graduates seeking registration with the relevant National Board to demonstrate that they have achieved an overall IELTS score of 7.0. Those seeking registration as a Pharmacist should note that the overall IELTS score required for registration with the Pharmacy Board of Australia is 7.5. Please note that only Academic IELTS scores will be accepted and test results will generally need to have been obtained within the two years preceding the application for registration.
Students intending to undertake a course leading to registration with a National Board regulated by AHPRA should also refer to the Registration Standards of the relevant health profession for full details of the requirements for health practitioners and students. Some National Boards have registration standards, codes and guidelines in addition to those listed at the AHPRA website.