Demography and Planning
- Retirement Living in Tasmania: Expanding Choices, Informing Decisions (PDF 6.7MB)
- North West Tasmania Regional Profile (PDF 23.3MB)
- Agriculture and Food
Education, Training and Employment Pathways
- A Turning Point: Impact of Participation in the University Preparation Program (UPP) on Cradle Coast students (PDF 1.7MB)
- Jobs4Life Evaluation Report (PDF 849.2KB)
- Tasmanian Social Enterprise Baseline Study (PDF 2.8MB)
- Social Enterprises Stories (PDF 1.5MB)
- Social Enterprise and Local Government Report (March 2013) (PDF 995.2KB)
About the IRD
- Anaafo, D. (2013) 'Systems Approach to Pro-poor Land reforms: A Concept Paper', Land Use Policy 35 (November):421-426. DOI: 10.1016/j.landusepol.2013.04.016
- Anaafo, D. (2014) 'Sen's Capability Approach: An Analytical Tool to Poverty Analysis in Land Reform Environments', Journal of Land and Rural Studies 2(1):1-19. DOI: 10.1177/2321024913515267
- Allison, J. and Eversole, R. (2008), 'A new direction for regional university campuses: catalyzing innovation in place' (PDF 147KB), Innovation: The European Journal of Social Science Research, 21 (2) pp. 95-109. [Refereed Article]
- Allison, J. and Keane, J. (2001), 'Evaluating the Role of the Sunshine Coast University (USC) in the Regional Economy' (PDF 549KB), Local Economy, 16 (2) pp. 123-141. ISSN 0269-0942 (2001) [Refereed Article]
- Allison, J., Broun, D., Lacey, J. and Jones, S. (2014) 'Rise of New Manufacturing: Transitioning Skills and Technologies into the Future' in Technology Assessment and Policy Areas of Great Transitions, Proceedings from the PACITA 2013 Conference, Prague, pp. 207-2014.
- Coates, L. (2012), 'How do you eat the elephant in the room? Agri-food Sustainability and King Island, Food Security in Australia: Challenges and Prospects for the Future', Springer, Farmar-Bowers, Q, Higgins, V., Millar, J. (ed), UK, pp. 25-38. ISBN 978-1-4614-4483-1
- Eversole, R. (2008), 'Solving Poverty for Yourself: Micro-Enterprise Development, Microfinance and Migration' (PDF 140KB), Micro- Enterprises- Perspectives and Experiences , The Icfai University Press, Sridhar Krishna (ed), Hyderbad, India, pp. 10. [Research Book Chapter]
- Eversole, R. (2009), The Future of Micro Credit in Australia:Opportunities for Economic Empowerment' Report August 2009 (PDF 752KB)
- Eversole, R. and Hawkins, C.J. (2008), 'What do I know how to do? Piloting the 'Student ePortfolio' as a reflective learning tool in the Bachelor of Regional Resource Management course' (PDF 101KB), Exploring Possibilities for Practice, 4th November, 2008, Launceston, Tasmania, pp. 2 - 17. [Refereed Conference Paper]
- Eversole, R. and McCall, T. (2014, in press) 'Constructing advantage in the Cradle Coast region, Tasmania: Knowledge partnering as a regional development platform approach', Regional Science Policy and Practice.
- Eversole, R. and Johnson, M. (2014) 'Migrant remittances and household development: an anthropological analysis' in Development Studies Research: An Open Access Journal, 1:1, 1-15.
- Eversole, R. (2014) 'Social enterprise as counterwork: Building a new development paradigm' in Social Entrepreneurship and Enterprise: Concepts in Context, ed. H. Douglas & S. Grant. Melbourne: Tilde University Press.
- Eversole, R. (2013) 'Social enterprises as local development actors: Insights from Tasmania', Local Economy 28(6): 567–579.
- Eversole, R, Barraket, J. and Luke, B. (2013) 'Social enterprises in rural community development' in Community Development Journal, Advance Access published May 27, 2013: doi:10.1093/cdj/bst030.
- Hawkins, C.J. (2009), 'Facing up to Facebook: Does a failure to embrace online social media mean local government is being left behind in the communication race?' (PDF 65KB), Local Government Manager, 43(3): 26-27. [Refereed Article]
- Hawkins, C. (2014) 'The Graduate, the Globetrotter and the Good Samaritan: adolescent girls' visions of themselves in early adulthood', The Australian Educational Researcher, DOI: 10.1007/s13384-014-0149-9
- Hawkins, C.J. and Ryan, L-A. (2013) 'Festival spaces as Third Places'. Journal of Place Management and Development 6(3) 192-202. DOI Information: 10.1108/JPMD-02-2013-0002
- Hiruy, K. and Eversole, R. (2013) 'Participation at the Coalface: Translating local knowledges and institutions in post-war Tigray, North Ethiopia, Community Development Journal 48 (2):215-231
- Luke, B, Barraket, J., and Eversole, R. (2013) 'Measurement as legitimacy versus legitimacy of measures - Performance evaluation of social enterprise' in Qualitative Research in Accounting and Management, 10 (3/4):234-258.
- McCall, T. (2010), 'Regional Development Platform Methods' (PDF 123KB)
- McCall, T. (2010), 'What is Regional Development?' (PDF 199KB)
- McCall, T. (2010), 'Regional Innovation Systems' (PDF 167KB)