Identity theft and fraud are growing problems and can lead to financial loss and substantial inconvenience. Where possible follow these pointers to help protect your privacy.
- Resist the temptation to have your web browser memorise or retain your user and password details.
- Refer SPAM to IT Services if you wish, but ignore unsubscribe options in SPAM email messages.
- Use public internet kiosks with caution and never for financial transactions or dealing with sensitive personal details or issues.
- Only divulge your credit card details to reputable companies.
- Ignore all email requests for financial account or personal detail verification.
- Maintain a free email account at hotmail or a similar free service for use as a casual contact point.
- Keep a separate private email address and disclose it only to trusted parties.