Use the full given name and surname when referring to people.
In photo captions, name people from left to right whenever possible.
Common titles spelt:
- Associate Professor (or Assoc Prof)
- Professor (or Prof)
- Dr Citizen, lecturer
- Dr Citizen, senior lecturer
- Professor Academe, head of school
- His Excellency The Honourable (Sir) Preferred Name, Surname, Governor of Tasmania
- The Right Reverend Preferred Name, Surname, Anglican Bishop of Tasmania.
The official abbreviations of UTAS awards are listed in the UTAS Rules of Awards (Rule 1).
Abbreviations for individual external institutions and awards need to be consistent with the qualifications published by the Association of Commonwealth Universities and Australian Education International.