Did you know that the University of Tasmania offers more than $300,000 worth of scholarships each year to students studying agriculture?
Scholarships are available to prospective and current students undertaking study in either a Bachelor of Agricultural Science or Bachelor of Applied Science (Agriculture and Business).
A number of these scholarships are specifically for Tasmanian regional students.
Among the scholarships on offer to northern and north-western Tasmanian students are:
- Blundstone Scholarship, $10,000 per year for up to 3 years ($30,000 in total)
- Costa North-West Scholarship in Agricultural Science, $10,000 per year for up to 4 years ($40,000 in total)
It's not too late to take that next step in your career.
A degree in agriculture will give you the skills to succeed in the modern agricultural sector.
How to apply for a scholarship
Applications for scholarships are made online.
- You must set-up an account log-in with a password to enable you to fill in the online application. You can save your application as you fill it in so that you come back to complete it at a later stage.
- Fill in the first page of the online form with your personal and contact details and degree preference then press "Next"
- On the second page, select whether you are a commencing (new) or continuing student from the drop-down menu and then scroll down the list of scholarships and tick the scholarships that you wish to apply for. Selection criteria for each scholarship is listed.
- The next 6 sections will ask you to provide details of your academic and other achievements, the reason you chose the degree and other information, such as financial need, that supports your application for a scholarship.
- Read and sign the declaration and then submit your application.
Scholarships for most awards commencing in Semester 1 2018 close 31 October 2017.
Why study agriculture at the University of Tasmania?
The University of Tasmania is Australia's number one institution for agriculture research as assessed by a national review of Australian universities published in December 2015.
It was the only Australian university to be rated a top-score of 5 in areas of agriculture, land and farm management and horticultural production. the Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) 2015 National Report.
The University is also ranked top 100 in the World for Agriculture by the 2016 QS World University Rankings by Subject and US News Rankings Best Global Universities 2015.
Our students graduate with excellent job prospects both nationally and internationally – having studied in a living laboratory, a state with one of the most unique and diverse farming systems in the world.