Faculty of Law

About the Faculty of Law

law school building

The University of Tasmania is the fourth-oldest university in Australia. It is highly regarded internationally as a teaching and research institution.

The Faculty of Law was founded in 1893 and is situated on the Hobart campus. Generations of dedicated staff have ensured that, over one hundred years later, the Law School has built an enviable reputation for academic achievement and excellence in legal teaching.

A natural outcome of being a small faculty is that the students and staff form a supportive community with many lasting friendships. New students are welcomed into this network.