Prof Gary Meyers
Professor - Associate Dean (Teaching and Learning)
|Contact Campus||Sandy Bay Campus|
|Building||Faculty of Law Building|
|Telephone||+61 3 6226 2072|
|Fax||+61 3 6226 7623|
Professor Meyers is the current Associate Dean (Teaching and Learning). Prof Meyers served as Associate Dean/Research and Director of Graduate Studies at the Faculty of Law from 2009 - 2011. He is Emeritus Professor of Law at Murdoch University in Perth, Western Australia where he taught for 15 years. In 2011, he was elected as a Member of the Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies (AIATSIS).
At Murdoch University Law School, he served as Foundation Director of the Environmental Law and Policy Centre and as Associate Dean, Research and Graduate Studies. From 1994-1997, he was the inaugural Director of the National Native Title Tribunal Legal Research Unit. Before coming to Australia in 1992, he was Adjunct Professor of Law at Lewis & Clark College, Northwestern School of Law (1983-91) and Assistant Dean and Director, Natural Resources, Continuing Legal Education, and Externship Programs (1983-88). Previously he spent 10 years in a variety of state government policy and administrative positions.
- Variation on a Theme: Expanding the Public Trust Doctrine to Include Protection of Wildlife G.D. Meyers 1989 * 19 Environmental Law 722 - 35v
- Surveying The Lay Of The Land, Air, and Water: Features Of Current International Environmental And Natural Resources Law, And Future Prospects For Protection Of Species Habitat To Preserve Global Biological Diversity G.D. Meyers 1992 * 3 Colorado Journal of International Environmental Law and Policy 479 - 604
- An Essay On The Role Of Humankind In The Conservation Of Nature G.D. Meyers 1993 * No. 3 Perspectives in Human Biology 13-22
- Garth Nettheim, Gary D Meyers and Donna Craig 2002 * A Comparative Analysis of Land and Resource Management Rights Aboriginal Studies Press
- Peter Read, Gary Meyers and Bob Reece (eds) 2006 * What Good Condition? Reflections on an Australian Aboriginal Treaty 1986-2006 ANU E Press