|The exhibition was held from June to August 2008 in the Morris Miller Library, University of Tasmania and was launched by Professor Emeritus Michael Roe and Linda Luther, University Librarian on Monday 26th May 2008. The exhibition was curated by Gillian Ward and Zoe McKay.
|Thomas Midwood exhibition, Morris Miller Library foyer window, University of Tasmania (enlarge)
|Univerity Librarian Linda Luther and Prof. Emeritus Michael Roe, Honorary Fellow, School of History and Classics
||Gillian Ward, curator, Lynn Davies, contributer
and Linda Luther, University Librarian
Tony Marshall, Ian Morrison and staff of the Heritage collections, State Library of Tasmania for permission to photograph Midwood christmas cards, the 'Bellerive Drinking Fountain', the Anson Album and 'The Critic' and for the loan of: Illustrated Directory of Hobart containing the names etc of the principal business houses in the city. Designed and drawn by T. Midwood, 1893? as well as the loan of a facsimile of 'Well-known Citizens of Southern Tasmania' by Thomas Midwood from the Allport Library and Museum of Fine Arts.
Barrie Paterson, National Archives of Australia Hobart, for access to Railway drawings and allowing us to take photographs of [Tasmanian Government Railways] - Plan of the Mersey and Deloraine Railway from Deloraine to the junction with the Latrobe Tramway
Katie Richardson, Narryna Heritage Museum for allowing photographs to be taken of the Thomas Midwood Huon Pine wood-carvings from the Narryna Heritage Museum collection.
Lynn Davies and family for loan of Midwood playing cards and Cascade caricature 'Our Boys'.
Curated by Gillian Ward and Zoe McKay
Notes by Professor Michael Roe
Graphic design by Gillian Ward
Website multimedia design by Heather Excell
Craig, Clifford, More old Tasmanian prints : a companion volume to The engravers of Van Diemen’s Land and Old Tasmanian prints, Launceston [Tas.], Foot & Playsted, 1983. Chapter 12 ‘Tom Midwood, Cartoonist’.
Mercer, Peter, ‘Tom Midwood of Hobart: 19th century caricaturist and artist extraordinaire’, Australian Antiques Collector v.43 Jan-June 1992 p. 78-80