This guide demonstrates how you can view your Turnitin assignment submission originality report and GradeMark feedback. This guide also explains why a GradeMark icon may be missing from the student view, and shows you how to download your Grademark Feedback to ensure you retain a copy of your feedback once the unit ends. Please note that this guide is only applicable for assignments that have the Turnitin functionality enabled.
1. From the MyLO Home page select your unit from the My Units widget. This action will take you into your unit and onto your Unit Home page.
2. Select the Assignment tool from the Assessments group on the navbar. This action will take you to the Assignment Folder page.
3. Your grade will appear in the Score column for your assignment submission. To view your originality report and GradeMark feedback, select the View link in the Feedback column.
4. To view your originality report from Turnitin, select the coloured box under the GradeMark column. This will open Turnitin in a new window within Turnitin. Please note: feedback can also be accessed by pressing on the similarity report ( see Step 7).
5. In the Match Breakdown panel you will see your plagiarism results. In the red navigation bar you will find a similarity score, e.g. 21% similar.
Press on the percentage match to get a further breakdown of where the matches are coming from.
6. To view your GradeMark feedback, select the Feedback layer ( in blue) from the navigation bar. Extra feedback will be able to be seen here, or scroll through your paper to see the feedback given. Open the speech bubbles by pressing on them to read the feedback.
7. IMPORTANT: Please note that some units will only display your score as a UTAS Grade (i.e. HD, DI, CR, PP, NN), therefore the points score is hidden. The Out of # score in Turnitin will be displayed as _ _. An empty score within Turnitin means the GradeMark icon will disappear on the View Feedback page within MyLO.
Your GradeMark results will still be accessible by accessing the Turnitin Similarity report, then selecting the Feedback layer.
8. To keep a copy of your Turnitin and Grademark feedback once your unit finishes it is advised that you download a copy and save it. To do this select the third layer with the download icon from within Turnitin.
Press on Current View to download a copy of the file you submitted and a view of the Feedback as a PDF.