Welcome to UTAS
Online Orientation gives you access to the information you will need to become an active and successful member of the UTAS community.
By working through the six modules listed in the menu, you will become familiar with the University and its many programs, procedures and policies. By completing Online Orientation, you will:
- learn how to access key support services
- find out how to build networks with your fellow students
- learn how to access your UTAS email account and obtain a student ID card
- learn how to use the University's IT portals, including UConnect, MyLO and the eStudentCentre
- learn how to access your timetable and locate your classes
- understand key university terminology
- learn how to locate, access and use learning resources
- pick up tips on succeeding at university
- find out where to go for more information and assistance
What is in online orientation?
This orientation is divided into six modules. You can leave each module at any point and skip through to a different module at any time.
To navigate through the Orientation, use the menu on the left of this page. When you open a module, a number of sub-modules will be listed in this menu. You can work through these sequentially, or jump ahead to a topic of interest.
The six modules are: