Many university units include an online component, especially distance or external units where the majority of the unit is delivered online. Learning online includes:
- Course delivery
- Access to resources online
- Communication between staff and students
To succeed in online study you need basic- at least - computer skills. Online learning at UTAS takes place through MyLO, which stands for My Learning Online. You will have access to MyLO once you are enrolled, so take the opportunity to become familiar with this environment as soon as possible.
One key to successful online study is a sense of involvement with your fellow students and lecturers. MyLO also includes spaces where you can engage with fellow students through discussion forums and access support from your lecturers.
PASS online is offered on selected units and provides weekly peer-led study sessions where you can work with fellow online students to revise content and develop study skills.
- For ways to improve your academic skills.
- For training and support in finding information and using Library resources.
- Your faculty website may also have online material to help you develop your understanding of your subject areas.