Students eating breakfast

Accommodation Services

Accommodation Services offers you high quality, safe and affordable on-campus University accommodation in Hobart and Launceston. Living in University accommodation provides you with a supportive community and includes free academic support programs, social, cultural, environmental, sporting and health and wellbeing programs. On campus living reduces the distractions everyday life can bring, and is available to overseas, interstate and Tasmanian students. Your accommodation fees provide you with a furnished, secure and private bedroom, complete with internet-ready study area, wardrobe and heater. Your fees also include electricity and the use of onsite facilities: computer labs, laundry and sports/recreational areas. You can choose to either cook for yourself in the self-catering kitchens, or buy low cost, healthy meals from the onsite Cafe / Restaurant.

For more information see Accommodation Services or email.

Jane Franklin Hall

Jane Franklin Hall is the only fully-catered, traditional, independent, residential college in Tasmania.
Affiliated with the University of Tasmania, Jane is more than accommodation. It is a community where lifelong friendships are made and academic learning is valued. We aim to provide students with the best possible experience and support in which to pursue their studies.

Life at Jane includes

  • Inclusive fully catered Residential College
  • Safe secure and supportive community
  • Rich sporting and academic tradition
  • Bus service to all Hobart University campuses
  • Academic Development Program
  • Library and Sporting facilities

We are situated midway between the centre of Hobart and the Sandy Bay University of Tasmania campus.

For more information about what Jane Franklin Hall has to offer, please visit our website

Please email us if you have any enquiries

Private Rental Properties

Many students choose to rent privately, either on their own or sharing with friends. If you are interested in this option, you will need to contact any of the local real estate agencies yourself.