Curators and touring agencies may submit exhibition proposals to the Maria Kunda for consideration. Proposals should include:
- A one page statement that includes: the title of the show; an outline of your curatorial premise and your reasons for wanting to show in the Plimsoll Gallery; a brief description of the work that would be included; any special requirements such as electronic equipment, and an indication of freight implications.
- A list of all the artists you intend to include plus one page CVs for each.
- Up to 12 images of work in support of your proposal as Jpegs or in PowerPoint preferably of works to be included in the exhibition.
- Your own CV – no more than one page.
- Other material (e.g. catalogues, reviews, websites) in support of your proposal.
Please note that the Plimsoll Gallery does not accept proposals for solo exhibitions. Our focus is on high quality group exhibitions with a strong curatorial rationale and a mix of local, interstate and/or overseas artists.
Please make a time to discuss your ideas with Maria Kunda if you would like feedback before submitting your proposal.
Proposals should be addressed to:
Plimsoll Gallery Coordinator
University of Tasmania
Locked Bag 57
Hobart, Tasmania 7001