Whether you are contemplating the next step in your career, moving to a new career, or simply hoping to consolidate your experience with a qualification, a postgraduate degree can give you a competitive edge.
What are the benefits of postgraduate study?
Postgraduate study can be a big investment, but it is an investment worth making. A 2014 Graduate Careers Australia study showed that the median full-time salary for people with a postgraduate qualification is $18,000-$30,000 higher than for those with an undergraduate degree alone.
Postgraduate students at The University of Tasmania benefit from:
- attending one of Australia's leading universities for postgraduate study offering an innovative teaching and research culture in which to learn
- access to the facilities of one of Australia's premier research intensive universities providing the opportunity to conduct investigative work across a vast array of fields
- a choice of over 200 programs and courses leading to nationally and internationally recognised qualifications
- the flexibility to undertake coursework programs at Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Masters level, or to undertake Honours or Research programs
Explore our courses to find out more about postgraduate study at the University of Tasmania.
- Agriculture & Environmental Science
- Architecture & Design
- Art, Music, Theatre
- Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
- Business & Economics
- Computing & IT
- Education & Teaching
- Health Sciences & Community Care
- Journalism, Media & Communications
- Marine & Antarctic
- Maritime Studies