Jaime is responsible for facilitating and supporting the Riawunna Student Success team to support all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students at the University of Tasmania. The team is responsible for supporting the academic progression, retention and graduation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
Jaime’s key priorities are:
- The effective facilitation of student support services for all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students at the University.
- The provision and implementation of appropriate and responsive student support services aimed at improving the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student experience and learning outcomes by mentoring, supervising and guiding the Aboriginal Student Success team to achieve success and meet Riawunna’s, Aboriginal Engagement and Student Experience strategic objectives.
- The coordination of Riawunna’s program brochures and other publications and promotional materials, ensuring accuracy and currency.
- Regularly monitoring, analysis and reporting on student data related to enrolment, progression and retention of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and review/revise and implement strategies and programs in response to the findings.
- Ensure that the administration of the takara rrala framework supports the objectives and needs of Riawunna programs and services by working with Faculties, Schools, Institutes and Colleges to inform Riawunna’s Programs and services to retain Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in their programs.
- The coordination of activities to raise the profile of Riawunna in the Tasmanian Aboriginal Community at the local and national level and within the University, working as part of a dynamic state-wide team.
- The provision of high level support to Riawunna team members and Elders; to facilitate the effective execution of events such as NAIDOC Week activities, Orientation Week and other UTAS events that include the Riawunna Centre.
Jaime is a badtjala woman from the Fraser Coast region in Queensland and has been living in Tasmania since 2006, when she first started at the Riawunna Centre in a traineeship position.
Board Member - National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Women's Alliance
Secretary - Boxing Tasmania Incorporated