In support of the priorities outlined in the UTAS Strategic Plan Open to Talent, the Quality and Standards Committee will ensure that the University of Tasmania has a robust approach to quality and standards across all its activities that satisfies that requirements of the external regulatory and compliance environment and matches sectoral best practise.
The Quality and Standards Committee also has a strong focus on continuous quality improvement, through the implementation of the UTAS Quality Management Framework, Quality Management Policy and Reviews Policy.
The Quality and Standards Committee will ensure that:
- The University has a coherent, consistent and comprehensive approach to quality and standards across all its activities.
- The quality and standards work of all internal actors and stakeholders, including Academic Senate, senior management, the faculties, university institutes and divisions and their various subordinate entities, are aligned.
- Council is closely engaged through the Audit and Risk Committee.
- All compliance requirements related to quality and standards are met satisfactorily.
- Resources are used efficiently in addressing quality and standards issues.
- The University is strongly placed to contribute and respond to national and international quality, standards and governance regimes.
- The TEQSA Audit Implementation Plan and similar plans are implemented fully and effectively.