Nominations are now closed for round 11 of the University of Tasmania's Visiting Fellows and Visiting Scholars Program.
The program offers Visiting Fellowships and Scholarships to support short-term visits to the University by academics, scholars and other eminent individuals, normally from outside of Tasmania. The program is designed to benefit areas or activities of strategic priority for the University by, for example: strengthening academic networks to underpin ongoing scholarly activity; achieving scholarly outcomes (e.g. publications) in key areas, through research leadership and collaborative research; enhancing the professional development of University staff through exposure to teaching and learning leaders; enhancing educational programs through collaborative teaching projects; and raising the scholarly and public profile of the University.
The outcomes for round 11 will be notified early November 2015.
- Visiting Fellows and Visiting Scholars Program Policy (PDF 86KB)
- Visiting Fellows and Visiting Scholars Program Procedures (PDF 101KB)
- Visiting Fellows and Visiting Scholars Nomination Form (WORD 1098 KB)
- Visiting Fellows and Visiting Scholars Program Financial Advice (PDF 108 KB)
- Visiting Fellows and Visiting Scholars Payment Authority (HR form) (PDF 179 KB)
- No Private Use Declaration Form (WORD 31KB)
Let's Explore Tasmania Card - Visiting Fellows and Visiting Scholars have the opportunity to visit, explore and encounter Tasmania's World Heritage sites, pristine wilderness, fine food and wines, extraordinary wildlife and a vibrant arts culture through the Let's Explore Tasmania card. The card will provide access to a range of discounts and special offers with accredited tourism operators around Tasmania.
Cards can be picked up from the local Student Centre, the visitor will need to provide their visitor(staff) ID or their letter of invitation to the Student Centre.