The Australian Research Council (ARC) is a statutory agency within the Australian Government. Its mission is to deliver policy and programs that advance Australian research and innovation globally and benefit the community.
In seeking to achieve its mission, the ARC provides advice to the Government on research matters, manages the National Competitive Grants Program (NCGP), and administers Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA).
Through the NCGP - a significant component of Australia's investment in research and development - the ARC supports the highest-quality fundamental and applied research and research training through national competition across all disciplines, with the exception of clinical medicine and dentistry.
The ARC requires that researchers submit their applications for consideration via their institution's research office.
Staff Access Only: Please use the following links to access information on currently operating ARC Funding Schemes:
- ARC Centres of Excellence
Status: EOI Open 14 May 2018
- ARC Discovery Projects
Status: Open 13 November 2017
- ARC Linkage Projects
- ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA)
Status: Open 8 January 2018
- ARC Discovery Indigenous Scheme
Status: Open 21 November 2017
- ARC Linkage Infrastructure Equipment and Facilities (LIEF)
Status: Open 22 January 2018
- ARC Australian Laureate Fellowships
- ARC College of Experts
- ARC Future Fellowships
- ARC Industrial Transformation Research Program - Industrial Transformation Research Hubs (ITRH)
- ARC Industrial Transformation Research Program - Industrial Transformation Training Centres (ITTC)