Submit your research funding application to the Research Hub Staff who will submit your application to the funding body.
For Research Grants, the application process is as follows:
- The researcher completes the application for research funding according to the specific funding scheme guidelines (note that some schemes require electronic submission, e.g. ARC, NHMRC);
- The researcher completes a Costing Tool (Excel 1.1MB) and Research Funding Clearance Form (Word 35.9KB) and when it is signed off by the Head of School, it is submitted to the Research Hub, together with the application.
- The Research Hub Administration Officer will liaise with the researcher to ensure that the application meets the funding body guidelines. The budget will be checked to ensure that the project has been costed appropriately and to cover UTAS indirect costs, where applicable.
- ALL research applications are signed by the appropriate University delegated signatory prior to being submitted according to the funding body specifications:
- Head of School approval is required for all applications (via Research Funding Clearance Form – refer 2 above).
- College/Faculty/Institute approval through delegated signatory is required if*:
- the UTAS in-kind is more than 30% of the amount requested from the Funding Body; and/or
- there are School/Faculty/Institute/College cash contributions; and/or
- applicants are requesting an indirect costs waiver.
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) (DVCR) approval is required for*:
- ARC or NHMRC applications;
- applications that are required, per the Funding Body rules, to be signed by a DVCR (or equivalent)
- there is a DVCR cash contribution or HDR stipend/s.
- The Office of Research Services submits the application on behalf of the researcher and the University. It does so in order to ensure that the University meets reporting, financial and contractual obligations, and to ensure that the University has the necessary infrastructure and capabilities to deliver the research project.
For schemes outside the ARC and NHMRC grant rounds, the internal deadline for submitting grant applications to your Research Hub is 10 working days prior to the funding scheme submission date. This is to allow for compliance and eligibility checking, and to enable sufficient time for execution of the application by the designated authorities within the University.
For ARC and NHMRC grant rounds, the internal closing date is one month prior to the funding scheme submission date. This is to enable grantsmanship, compliance and eligibility checking, and to enable sufficient time for execution of the application by the designated authorities within the University.