This facility is equipped with:
- Cameca SX100 electron microprobe
- FEI MLA650 environmental scanning electron microscope
- Hitachi SU-70 field emission scanning electron microscope
- Horiba XGT-7000V x-ray analytical microscope (microXRF)
and supporting instrumentation (coaters, light microscopes, critical point dryer).
This facility is equipped with five instruments:
- Renishaw inVia Raman microscope with Streamline
- Bruker Vertex 70 coupled with a Hyperion 3000 (FPA - microscope)
- Bruker MPA near-infrared spectrometer
- Bruker IFS 66 coupled with a IR Scope I (microscope)
- Bruker FRA 106 Raman spectrometer coupled with a Raman Scope (microscope)
The CSL has a new generation ELEMENT 2 High Resolution Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometer.
The Molecular Genetics Laboratory is a purpose built, fully appointed research laboratory dedicated to providing the necessary resources to post-graduate students and researchers involved in molecular genetic projects.
NMR spectroscopy at the CSL is used in a wide range of the sciences including organic, inorganic and organometallic chemistry, pharmacy, zoology, marine and plant science.