We pride ourselves on research leadership and value students who want to pursue a research career. We aim to support you to not only make an impact in your chosen field, but also develop the skills you need for the career you want.
- As a UTAS research degree candidate, you will be automatically enrolled in a Graduate Certificate in Research. This training gives you the skills to produce outstanding research, as well as succeed in your professional practice when you finish your degree.
- The University of Tasmania is committed to supporting the research potential of staff. Through the Office of Research Services, our five Research Hubs and together with Human Resources, UTAS offers a large range of development opportunities for the academic community including HDR students, early to mid-career researchers and senior academics.
- Our PhD candidates receive a suite of practical resources including laptops and access to a data cloud.
- All candidates have access to a competitive conference support fund and regular research training workshops and an online research skills training program.
- Our annual UTAS Graduate Research Conference is one of the highlights of our year. It's a chance for you to present your work in progress, network with other research degree candidates from across the disciplines and share ideas.
- Graduate Research Administration Officers are embedded within each school and faculty to provide ongoing advice and support.