Elite Research Scholarship
The Elite Research Scholarship is restricted to exceptional applicants whose research for their PhD will occur in a well-defined and managed (supervised) project (see http://www.utas.edu.au/graduate-research/elite).
Elite Research Scholarships are open to both international and domestic applicants.
Applicants must have:
- a minimum of first class honours (HF) degree or equivalent, or
- a masters by coursework degree may be viewed as equivalent if the overall results are at distinction average and it contains a significant research project with a grade of HF or equivalent, or
- relevant and substantial experience in an appropriate sector may be viewed as equivalent, providing the applicant can demonstrate a level of experience commensurate with the skills required for research.
Scholarships are currently valued at AUD$32,000 tax free per annum.
UTAS site visits are available for promising domestic (and NZ) applicants who:
- meet the entry requirements;
- have identified a project, and;
- have corresponded with the Primary Supervisor.
The Primary Supervisor will recommend to the Dean of Graduate Research that a site visit should proceed.
One site visit per Elite Research Scholarship is available. Travel is restricted from within Australia (outside Tasmania) and New Zealand. One night’s accommodation, if required, is included together with incidentals to cover meals and/or taxi fares. The Dean of Graduate Research reserves the right to determine the level of financial support.
Under the Graduate Research Laptop Scheme, a PhD candidate will be provided with a laptop. Five gigabytes of file storage in a data cloud and relevant software will also be made available to each PhD candidate.
For more information, contact the Graduate Research Office on (03) 6226 8559 or email firstname.lastname@example.org