The Tasmania Health and Medical HREC is responsible for reviewing all research projects that involve the following:
- Invasive physiological, clinical, and/or medical interventions
- Research involving the use of human tissue (including blood, reproductive and other tissues)
- Human genetic research
- Staff, patients or resources of any hospital in Tasmania (both Public and Private)
The Health and Medical HREC has a subcommittee called the Scientific Research Advisory Committee (SRAC). The SRAC considers the scientific validity, merit, integrity and safety of health and medical research proposals before they are considered by the Health and Medical HREC.
More information about the Health and Medical HREC can be found on the following pages:
- Meeting and submission dates
- Terms of reference for the Health and Medical HREC
- Terms of reference for the SRAC
Requests for endorsement as an Authorised Prescriber
The Health and Medical HREC is happy to review requests from clinicians for endorsement as an Authorised Prescriber under the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 (Cth). When preparing your request please take note of Memorandum on Authorised Prescriber requirements.