The University of Tasmania supports stakeholders of the HREC (Tas) Network, including HREC members and researchers, to understand and implement the principles and tasks set out by the Australian National Health and Medical Research Council, the Australian Research Council and Universities Australia in the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research (2007).
Regular training and information forums are held across the State to support the ethical conduct of research.
Please register your interest in attending a training/information session by emailing Human Ethics.
- National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research (NHMRC, 2007)
- Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research (NHMRC, 2007)
- Tasmanian Personal Information Protection Act 2004
- Guidelines approved under Section 95A of the Privacy Act 1988 (NHMRC, 2001)
- Guidelines Under section 95 of the Privacy Act 1988 (NHMRC, 2000)
- Essentially Yours: The Protection of Human Genetic Information in Australia (Australian Law Reform Commission, 2003)
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research
- Values and Ethics: Guidelines for Ethical Conduct in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Research (NHMRC, 2003)
- Guidelines for Ethical Research in Indigenous Studies(Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies, 2002)
Consumer and Community Participation in Research
- Statement on Consumer and Community Participation in Health and Medical Research (NHMRC, 2002, 2005)