Dr Thomas McDonagh
Senior Lecturer Emergency Medicine
|Building||Rural Clinical School, Brickport Road, Burnie|
|Telephone||+61 3 6430 3550|
|Fax||+61 3 6430 5670|
Toms role is a conjoint appointment between the Northwest Regional Hospital, Burnie and the Rural Clinical School. His responsibilities include:
- Tutoring and mentoring Year 4 and 5 medical students at the RCS.
- EMST and ELS course lecturer.
- Quokka Bites: the first report of bites from an Australian Marsupial Dr T McDonagh 1992 * MJA
- Intramuscular Midazolam rapidly terminates seizures in children and adults. Dr T McDonagh 1992 * Emergency Medicine
- Book Chapter; Envenomation. In G Fulde?s text; Emergency Medicine; the principles of practice. Fulde, G 19xx * Emergency Medicine
Tom has worked in emergency departments in Sydney, Griffith, Wagga Wagga, Canberra, Fremantle, Burnie, La Trobe and Kilkenny, Ireland.
Mainly practicing in rural areas has led to an interest in retrievals, envenomation, teaching, rural workforce and rural trauma and ongoing education and skills maintenance in rural medicine.