Australian Government Scholarships
The University of Tasmania, together with its specialist national institute, the Australian Maritime College, has a long history in playing host to Australia Award students that spans 20 years.
The following benefits generally apply:
- Full tuition fees
- Return air travel—payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- Establishment allowance—a once only payment of A$5,000 as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) is a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department. From 1 January 2013, CLE payable to Scholars studying under an ADS is A$30,000 per year.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)—a compulsory 4-6 week program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on life and study in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)—provided to cover the student's basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees—if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training
- Supplementary Academic Support may be available to ensure a Scholar's academic success or enhance their academic experience
- Fieldwork (for research students only)—may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
Participating Country Study Focus
Australia Awards Scholarship recipients can refer to the 2017 Policy Handbook - Australia Awards Policy
For more information on the eligible countries, types of awards available and how to apply, visit Australia Awards.