TAFE - UTAS Pathway Scholarship
These generous scholarships are offered by the University of Tasmania’s Tasmanian College of Business and Economics (TSBE) and Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology (SET) as part of a joint partnership between the University and TAFE Tasmania.
Available to international students undertaking either the Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Information Communication Technology articulation pathway from TAFE Tasmania to the University of Tasmania in 2017.
- Applies to international students only
- Students must have completed a Diploma or Advanced Diploma at TasTAFE on-shore in Tasmania
- Not awarded for partially completed TasTAFE courses
- Students who have previously or are currently undertaking studies at UTAS and withdraw to take up the TasTAFE pathway offer are not eligible for this scholarship
Please note that if a student has already been offered a Tasmanian International 25% Scholarship or any other 10% tuition fee scholarship or bursary the TAFE - UTAS Pathway Scholarship will not apply.
To retain this award, recipients are required to maintain satisfactory progress for the duration of the course that they have been awarded the scholarship. A minimum of a Pass result in every unit is required to maintain satisfactory academic progress.
Examination results are reviewed each semester by the Scholarships Selection Committee to determine ongoing eligibility. Recipients who do not meet ongoing eligibility will be notified by email.
10% reduction in registered tuition fees for the duration of the course.
For the full duration of the course.
As students are assessed automatically upon submission of their International Student Online Application, there is no need to apply separately, nor do recipients need to apply for ongoing eligibility.
Advanced Standing Partner Institute Discounts
In recognition of the special relationship between the University and its formal Partner Institutes, students and graduates of the institutes listed below, who are granted advanced standing into a University of Tasmania Bachelor degree, will receive a 10% reduction on the registered tuition fees for their undergraduate studies.
Students will first be assessed for a Tasmanian International Scholarship (TIS), which provides a 25% fee reduction and is awarded on the basis of academic performance during studies with the home institute. Those students not awarded a TIS will receive the Partner Institute discount. The maximum fee waiver available to students is 25%.
These Partner Institutes represent a small number of the institutes that the University formally works with. To check if we have an arrangement with your college or university, please email International.Study@utas.edu.au
- Australian Maritime College
- Ho Chi Minh University of Technology (HCMUT), Vietnam
- INTI College, Malaysia
- KDU University Coillege, Malaysia
- Universidad Nacional de Quilmes (UNQ), Argentina
- Faculty of Arts
- Sunway University College (SUT), Malaysia
- Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology
- Changzhou Institute of Technology (CIT), China
- Infrastructure Univesity Kuala Luympur (UKL), Malaysia
- Softwarica College of IT and E-Commercie, Nepal
As students are assessed automatically for these partner discounts upon submission of their International Student Online Application, there is no need to apply separately.
Enquiries should be directed to International Scholarships.