Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

The following page lists some questions commonly asked about the High Achiever Program. If you think of a question that is not answered here, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Yes. Even though HAP students are not liable for HECS they still need to fill out the online eCAF form prior to census date. This form can be found through the UTAS eStudent online portal.

If you don't have a Tax File Number you can skip this question when completing the eCAF. You can supply your TFN at a later date.

All assessments for HAP units will be exactly the same as if you were a University student. Depending on the unit, you may be required to submit assignments by the due date and/or sit exams during the assigned exam period along with your fellow class members.

If you are having problems meeting the deadlines for the internal assessment it might be a good idea to talk to your school High Achiever coordinator and/or your unit Lecturer. It is possible to get extensions if there is very good reason and they will be able to assist you in looking into this option. However it is very important when participating in the High Achiever program that you have good time management and don't leave everything to the last minute.

High Achiever Program students will have access to a range of support and information services.

See the Current Students website for more information on services such as:

  • the University Library and related resources
  • computer facilities on campus
  • recreation and social activities (subject to age restrictions)
  • a University identification card and email address
  • academic and pastoral care support
  • student discount programs, including UniGym membership

Yes. All students on the High Achiever Program will be guaranteed a place on a University undergraduate program, subject to meeting entry requirements and excluding quota courses. When you have completed your Year 11/12 studies, you will need to apply for entrance to the University as a Year 12 leaver through the standard procedures if you wish to gain a place in the degree program of your choice at UTAS on completion of your year 12 studies. However you can apply for credit for the units you have studied.

No, you are most welcome to wear what ever you feel comfortable in. You may feel more at ease in casual clothes.

It is very important to check your UTAS email account regularly as this is the main mode of communication used by the University and you don't want to miss out on any important information. If your HAP unit has a MyLO presence, again it is vital to check this regularly for updates on unit information such as timetable changes, assessment and other information.